Transport Manager - Mid Cheshire
Our Client is a succesful and fast growing transport and logistics company currently looking for an experienced Transport Manager.
Responsibilities to Include:
- To manage in conjunction with the companies site budget, making sure the KPI's are met.
- To lead the daily team meetings, this will review the previous 24 hours within the operation, and look forward to the next 24 hour period
- To manage trailer availability and to ensure the site is always up to the high standards of the company
- To manage the on site shunt team, and their equipment.
- To ensure maximum productivity of the shunt team.
- Ensure trailers checks are updated and correct, and all service and MOT trailers requirements are correctly dealt with.
- Trailer availability is enough to cover the distibuters loading requirements.
- Ensure that correct equipment is best utilised, for both the haulier and the distributers network.
- To have regular contact with the hauliers planning team
- To have regular contact with the distributers shift manager, communicating to the haulier any issues that need raised
- To effectively manage the cage, tray & dolly holding, ensuring that the escalation process is followed for any sites that do not return cages from our deliveries
- To document, and communicate everything within your team
- To ensure that Company policies and legal requirements are adhered to at all times in order to protect employee safety and the reputation of the Company
- To keep up to date with news items, vacancies and process updates as detailed on the Company intranet system ensuring your team are fully briefed on updates which may affect them.
The successful candidate will have good communication skills, well organised and have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Applicants must be assertive, work well in a team environment, have a high level of flexibility and be able to propose and implement new ideas.
Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferable.
Please contact Kevin or Chris for more details on 01606 862026 or Apply Online
£35,000 - £40,000