Mechanical Design Engineer
A well-established company manufacturing access lifts is looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Engineer
Your role will be to develop safe, cost effective and attractive products, principally lifts, to meet the needs of the disabled within parameters set by the Management Team.
· Analyses research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
· Confers with sales, production and installation personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
· Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
· Plans and develops experimental test programs
· Analyses test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Confers with Installation, Sales, R & D Workshop and other Engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
· Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
· Uses 3D Computer Assisted Engineering and design software (Pro Engineer) and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks. Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
· Carries out such other projects as are agreed with Management
Ideally you will have:
· Education to at least HNC level in mechanical and/or electrical engineering. A minimum of one year's experience with a sophisticated CAD package is fundamental.
· Spatial awareness and a conceptual flair allied to a logical and systematic approach
· A methodical style based on a sound knowledge of engineering theory and practice
· No specific licence institute membership or qualification is required to carry out this role
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
£23k+Dep on Exp
Chris Hankey 01606 862026