Senior Engineer (Sandbach)
We require a Senior Engineer for our client based in South Cheshire who is in the Steel Fabrication industry. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for supervising a small team of Design Engineers and skilled fabricators. The role will assist the Engineering Manager in New Product Introduction, continuous improvement initiatives and drawing change control.
As Senior Engineer some of the main duties include:
• Responsible for new products for manufacture, influencing their design, including the review and design of assembly jigs and fixtures;
• Utilising CADCAM, varying manufacturing processes and developing detailed routing instructions using PPAP and FMEA methodology;
• Close collaboration with the QA and Production Teams.
• Substantial experience in mechanical production engineering;
• Experience and knowledge in all aspects of materials and CNC equipment within the steel fabrication industry;
• Experienced and proficient in producing 3D models, detailed component and assembly drawings;
• Experienced in the use of CAD AutoDesk Inventor 10;
• Experienced in use of Radan 3D software;
• Supervisory/Management experience and skills;
• Good verbal and written communications skills;
• Good IT skills (especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook);
• Flexible approach.